100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for October 2022
October is here and this month we celebrate Halloween, the spookiest event of the year! If you don’t have enough candy and fake spiders, go out quickly to buy some! We’re ready to help your social media content with our Halloween images if you want to get your content in the holiday mood 😉
As always, we’re here to help you make your social media content interesting and engaging with ideas for special events, monthly events, social media tips and many more! So you can plan your holidays instead of online content!
One of our favourite quotes for this time of the year is:
1. October 2022 Quotes
We love quotes! They’re engaging and inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
Here are 10 quotes for October 2022 you can use for your social media:
1. “October is a symphony of permanence and change.” – Bonaro W. Overstreet“October is a symphony of permanence and change.” – Bonaro W. Overstreet #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” - L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” - L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
3. “The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant.” – Florence Bone“The clear light that belongs to October was making the landscape radiant.” – Florence Bone #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
4. “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde“And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
5. “Let’s spark up October and make it better than September.” - unknown“Let’s spark up October and make it better than September.” - unknown #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
6. “You ought to know that October is the first Spring month.” - Karel Capek“You ought to know that October is the first Spring month.” - Karel Capek #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
7. “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” - Unknown“Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” - Unknown #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
8. “Twilight, even remembered twilight, is better than no light at all.” - China Miéville“Twilight, even remembered twilight, is better than no light at all.” - China Miéville #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
9. “I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October.” - Charmaine J. Forde“I wish that every day was Saturday and every month was October.” - Charmaine J. Forde #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
10. “I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring.” - W. S. Merwin“I have been younger in October than in all the months of spring.” - W. S. Merwin #October2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. October 2022 Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media in October.
10. INTERNATIONAL: THE BIG DRAW 2022October events: 1. USA Disability Employment Awareness Month 2. USA Polish American Heritage Month 3. USA National Pizza Month 4. UK Black History Month 5. USA National Dental Hygiene Month #OctoberEvents #October2022 Click To Tweet More October events: 6. USA LGBT Month 7. USA UK Breast Cancer Awareness Month 8. UK Unblocktober Month 9. EU USA National Cyber Security Awareness Month 10. International The Big Draw 2022 #OctoberEvents #October2022 Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events for October 2022
There are some great weekly events worth mentioning for October 2022!
02-09 October 2022
Get Organized Week, also known as GO Week, is observed next from Sunday, October 2nd, 2022. It has been running during the first full week of October since 1991.
One step closer! #GetOrganizedWeek 2-9 October 2022 Click To Tweet
3-7 October 2022
Customer Service Week
Don’t miss the opportunity to get involved in National Customer Service Week – a week-long celebration of customer service, taking place from 3-7 October 2022. Reflect on how you serve your customers, recognize your team’s achievements and show your commitment to service excellence.
Serve your customers well. #CustomerServiceWeek 3-7 October 2022 Click To Tweet
09-15 October 2022
Earth Science Week
Earth Science Week, celebrated each October, reaches over 50 million people annually with activities, materials, and information about geosciences. Twenty years since its inception, Earth Science Week remains the largest international education campaign dedicated exclusively to promoting awareness of the importance of geosciences and stewardship of the planet.
Science is great! #EarthScienceWeek 09-15 October 2022 Click To Tweet
4. Special Days in October 2022
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in October 2022 to inspire you!
Pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! When you complete the form below, you’ll be able to download the calendar and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month.
Remember, it’s not just about content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your October Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! We’ll email you to let you know as soon as next month’s calendar is available for you to download.
Look out for our free templates!!
We have some great Canva templates to share with you that pick out 20 of our favourite Special Days in October 2022 that you can edit and rebrand and make your own. We’ll let you know as soon as they’re published!
5. Lay out your goals and objectives
Write a solid plan, objectives, and goals to you can reach them. Why is it so important to write everything down?
According to a study, you’re 30% more likely to be successful if you write your goals down. In some studies that number is as high as 40%.
6. Craft your social media content carefully
Carefully consider the purpose of each social media platform so you’re reaching the right audience with the right content.
Depending on the social network you’re posting on, you’ll need to learn the various purposes of each network.
- LinkedIn – A professional network that focuses on B2B customers
- Facebook – Millenials and older generations prefer this network, great for entertainment and longer posts
- Instagram – A visual platform for your content, favoured by Millenials and younger generations
- Pinterest – Pinterest is highly visual. Perfect for longer pieces of visual content
7. Use Video Content in Your Strategy
There are loads of different ways to use video content in your social media strategy. Live videos and recorded videos such as Stories and Reels on Instagram or Short stories on Facebook and Youtube are quite popular right now. Try to upload at least 1-2 videos a week to keep your audience engaged.
8. Create amazing images
This should be your top priority when it comes to your social media.
You don’t need to be a graphic designer to design stunning graphics for your brand. Use tools such as Canva to create stunning graphics that will capture your audience.
9. Utilize the latest trends and changes
Stay ahead of the latest trends and changes to make your content relevant. For example, live video content is becoming more and more popular or influencer marketing is getting bigger and more influential.
10. Get To Know Your Audience
To start making any profit, you need to start connecting and engaging with your audience. How can you learn about your audience?
- Look at your audience social media metrics and demographics
- Look at their comments or forums where they discuss their issues
- Use surveys
- Use Q&A live video to talk to your audience
We plan to publish November’s suggestions at the beginning of October, December’s suggestions at the beginning of November and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. By joining our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!