100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for January 2022
New Year is here and we should think about ways to engage our audience and bring them genuine value with our content.
So, we’re bringing you ideas for every month for content for 2022, as each year and each month is different in its special events or just the way we feel based on the seasons and holidays!
1. JANUARY QUOTES
We love quotes! Quotes are engaging, inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post the ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
One of my favourite quotes about January is:“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” —Oprah Winfrey #January2022 #NewYear Click To Tweet
Here are 10 other January Quotes you can use for your social media:
1. “I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.” - Jerry Spinelli''I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.'' - Jerry Spinelli #January2020Quotes Click To Tweet
2. “I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.” - Helen Fielding''I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second.'' - Helen Fielding #January2022Quotes #2022Resolutions Click To Tweet
3. “I like starting projects in January. That’s the best time to start something. It’s so inward.” - Carolyn Chute''I like starting projects in January. That's the best time to start something. It's so inward.'' - Carolyn Chute #January2022Quotes #MotivationalJanuary Click To Tweet
4. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” - Roald Dahl''If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.'' - Roald Dahl #January2022Quotes #WeWantJuly Click To Tweet
5. “To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.” - Jean Paul''To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.'' - Jean Paul #January2022Quotes #LoveJanuaryVibes Click To Tweet
6. “January is the month for dreaming.” - Jean Hersey''January is the month for dreaming.'' - Jean Hersey #JanuaryQuotes2022 #Let'sDreamTogether Click To Tweet
7. “An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.” - Bill Vaughn''An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughn #January2022Quotes #BeTheOptimist Click To Tweet
8. “Lots of people go mad in January. January is the third most common month for madness.” - Karen Joy Fowler''Lots of people go mad in January. January is the third most common month for madness. - Karen Joy Fowler #January2022Quotes #MadCreatives Click To Tweet
9. “The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.” - G. Chesterton''The object of a new year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul.'' - G. Chesterton #January2022Quotes #CelebrateJanuary1st Click To Tweet
10. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal.” - Marilu Henner''Feeling a little blue in January is normal.'' - Marilu Henner #January2022Quotes #JanuaryMentalHealthAwareness Click To Tweet
2. January Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media for January.
1. Dry January
- Dry January is the UK’s one-month alcohol-free challenge.
- Ginuary is a celebration of gin during the month of January.
- Veganuary is an annual challenge that encouraging people to follow a vegan lifestyle for the month of January
4. Walk Your Dog Month
- Get fit with your dog in January
5. Mentoring Month
- This campaign aims to raise awareness about the need for more mentors in society as well as encouraging more people to actively become mentors to young people.
6. National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month
- An awareness of an important issue that is sadly, still happening in the world
7. CBD Month
- This observance recognizes the natural hemp product that’s taking the wellness world by storm
8. Blood Donor Month
- Celebrated to pay tribute to voluntary blood donors and encourage new donors to join
9. Hot Tea Month
- Celebrate the world’s second most-consumed beverage in the world – tea!
10. Hobby Month
- Don’t forget to spend some quality time on your hobbies
January 2022 Monthly Events: 1. Dry January 2. Ginuary 3.Veganuary 4. Walk Your Dog Month 5. Mentoring Month 6. National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month 7. CBD Month 8.Blood Donor Month 9. Hot Tea Month 10. Hobby Month… Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events
There are a couple of weekly events worth mentioning for January 2022!
The first week of January:
New Year’s Resolutions Week
Use this week as an opportunity to remind your audience to create their resolutions as well as think about your resolutions as a business owner and share your new commitments with your customers!
Set your resolutions this week #NewResolutionsJanuary2022 Click To Tweet
National Storytelling Month
Storytelling isn’t just about witches or other imaginary characters. Use this week to share your story. How did you become a business owner? Why did you decide to do what you do and how are you enjoying it? Ask your audience about a part of their life stories too!
4. Special Days
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in January 2022 to inspire you! This is a new design for 2022 and we’d love to hear what you think about it.
Just pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! Complete the form below the calendar and you’ll be able to download and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month. It’s not just about the content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your January Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! We’ll also send the next month’s calendar for you to download as soon as it’s available.
5. Share Your Success
January is not only the beginning of the New Year but often the beginning of a new plan or a strategy. People and businesses tend to revisit the year before, look at the downfalls and successes and create new steps going forward!
When you do this exercise, share with your audience the successes and failures you had in 2021. They can learn from both. Take them behind the curtain and show them the steps you took and what you’ve learned from them. They will love you for it 😉
6. Steps Going Forward
Just like sharing your past success, you can give your audience an idea of what the New Year 2022 will look like for you and your business.
Start with revisiting your business goals and your business strategy and let your people know what it’s going to look like for you.
7. 10 January Winter Activities
Let’s not forget what we can do offline, forgetting the online world for a little bit, enjoying all the opportunities January’s winter activities can bring us! You can use our top 10 January Winter Activities or create your own and share that and what you’ve done with your audience online!
1. Make Your New Year Bucket List
2. Create a Winter Song Playlist
3. Have a Snowball Fight
4. Take a Warm Bubble Bath
5. Clean Out & Organize Your Home
6. Donate Clothes to a Homeless Shelter
7. Have a Pyjama Day
8. Make a Pot of Mulled Wine
9. Read by the Fire
10. Start a Gratitude Journal
8. Share Your Favourite Business Tool
Each month you can share one useful tool that you use in your business. Try to teach your audience why it’s useful and how they can use it.
If you’re like us, you’ll love Canva! It’s our go-to, easy to use software for creating visuals and content for social media and beyond. If you haven’t heard about Canva - here is the link that’ll take you there to sign-up: (link), otherwise, go ahead and spread the Canva love to your audience
9. Interview or get Interviewed
Nothing beats real honest conversations with other experts, either in your field or somebody who has similar views or interests. Try to reach out to different podcasters to get featured or why not set up your own podcast and start interviewing others yourself?
10. Make your older content relevant for 2022
You probably have a lot of great content already, but it might be outdated. However, all you need to do is change a few details to make it relevant again for 2022. Don’t worry that Google will penalise you - in fact, you’ll make your content more valuable. Recycle first, create new after 😉
We plan to publish February’s suggestions at the end of January, March’s at the end of February, and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. If you join our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!