100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for August 2022
The last hot summer month, August is so popular that even Taylor Swift wrote a song about it called August!
If you haven’t had your beach holidays yet, find a new destination and go swim in the sea and relax on the beach. We all deserve it after long years of covid-19 restrictions!
As always, we’re here to help you make your social media content interesting and engaging with ideas for special events, monthly events, social media tips and many more! So you can plan your holidays instead of online content!
One of our favourite quotes for this time of the year is:
1. August 2022 Quotes
We love quotes! They’re engaging and inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
Here are 10 quotes for August 2022 you can use for your social media:
1. “August is the slow, gentle month that stretches out the longest across the span of a year. It yawns and lingers on with the light in its palms.” - Victoria Erickson'August is the slow, gentle month that stretches out the longest across the span of a year. It yawns and lingers on with the light in its palms”. - Victoria Erickson #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. “August was nearly over – the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children.” - Victor Nekrasov“August was nearly over – the month of apples and falling stars, the last care-free month for the school children.” - Victor Nekrasov #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
3. “The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled.” – Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees“The month of August had turned into a griddle where the days just lay there and sizzled.” – Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
4. “Today is the first day of August; it is no longer July. Summer passes, and Summer friends will melt away like snow in spring.” – Rolf van der Wind“Today is the first day of August; it is no longer July. Summer passes, and Summer friends will melt away like snow in spring.” – Rolf van der Wind #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
5. “August is the month of the high-sailing hawks.” - John Burroughs“August is the month of the high-sailing hawks.” - John Burroughs #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
6. “Life is a summer, full of fun, at the beach, under the sun.” - Debasish Mridha“Life is a summer, full of fun, at the beach, under the sun.” - Debasish Mridha #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
7. “It was August, and the fields were high with corn.” - Melanie Gideon''It was August, and the fields were high with corn.'' - Melanie Gideon #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
8. “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson''Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.'' - Ralph Waldo Emerson #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
9. “August is a time of growing up, of forgotten forever’s, full of the sweetest intent.” - Meka Boyle''August is a time of growing up, of forgotten forever’s, full of the sweetest intent.'' - Meka Boyle #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
10. “August is that last flicker of fun and heat before everything fades and dies. The final moments of fun before the freeze. In the winter, everything changes.” - Rasmenia Massoud''August is that last flicker of fun and heat before everything fades and dies. The final moments of fun before the freeze. In the winter, everything changes.'' - Rasmenia Massoud #August2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. August 2022 Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media in August.
1. Happiness Happens Month
2. American Adventures Month
3. Sandwich Month
4. Kids Eat Right Month
5. Black Business Month
6. Back To School Month
7. Family Fun Month
8. Inventors Month
9. Immunization Awareness Month
10. American Artists Appreciation MonthAugust events: 1. Happiness Happens Month 2. American Adventures Month 3. Sandwich Month 4. Kids Eat Right Month 5. Black Business Month #AugustEvents #August2022 Click To Tweet More August events: 6. Back To School Month 7. Family Fun Month 8. Inventors Month 9. Immunization Awareness Month 10. American Artists Appreciation Month #AugustEvents #August2022 Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events for August 2022
There are some great weekly events worth mentioning for August 2022!
01-07 August 2022
Video game week starts on the first day of August! It’s a celebration of all the video games and gamers in the world 😉 So try a new game or revisit the old ones you used to play as a child.
Go nuts with video games this week! #VideoGameWeek Click To Tweet
01/7 -07/07 2022
International Assistance Dog Week
International Assistance Dog Week shines awareness on a very important task dog trainers do with their dog trainees. Helping blind people or people with other disabilities is a task just the best and smartest assistance dogs can do!
Appreciate the next assistance dog you meet #AssistanceDogsAreTheBest Click To Tweet
15-21 August 2022
Our favourite week in August is Friendship Week! Let’s celebrate the important friendships we have and cherish our friends during this week!
Take your friend out this #FriendshipWeek Click To Tweet
4. Special Days in August 2022
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in August 2022 to inspire you!
Pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! When you complete the form below, you’ll be able to download the calendar and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month.
Remember, it’s not just about content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your August Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! We’ll email you to let you know as soon as next month’s calendar is available for you to download.
Look out for our free templates!!
We have some great Canva templates to share with you that pick out 20 of our favourite Special Days in August 2022 that you can edit and rebrand and make your own. We’ll let you know as soon as they’re published!
5. Questions & Answers
Questions and Answers are always an entertaining way to engage your audience and they are trending right now. Many actors or influencers make Q&A videos and answer only their fan questions. You can also take the most asked question and turn it into longer and purposeful content, for example, a longer video or a blog post talking only about that one topic.
6. Case Studies
Share stories of your customers using your product and how that changed their life or how it made it better. These stories are gold for your content, as they’re genuine and people can relate to them easily, especially if they experience the same or similar issues.
7. Share Your Opinion
There is so much going on in the world and a lot of the news directly or indirectly can affect your business or customers. This can be your opportunity to share your take on the news, how it affects you or your people and offer a listening ear for your audience. Just be careful, don’t go on a rant. Share your thoughts politely and clearly.
8. Personal Stories
Why did you start your business? What and who inspired you to start it? How did you feel when setting up your business at the very beginning? How do you feel now about your business? These are examples of questions you can answer as a way to share your story with your audience. People want to see the story behind the brands they use and love. Use this as a way to create true connections and relationships with your audience.
Offer your audience free templates and create content around how to use them. People love free templates. It makes their life easier. It’s also a great freebie to collect more email addresses as much as a content topic.
Sponsor another business, a charity, a sports person or anything else you feel close to. This can help you reach a wider audience and your current audience will definitely cheer you on as it’s important to support others in need!
We plan to publish September’s suggestions at the beginning of August, October’s suggestions at the beginning of September and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. By joining our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!