100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for April 2022
We have a special surprise for you this month as we’ve added even more value to our blog with 21 Canva Templates of Special Days in April. All you need to do is click on the template and the link will open in your own Canva account. Then you can change the colours and images or just add your own logo and branding to have an instant social media post.
The posts are a perfect size for Instagram or Facebook and, of course, if you have Canva Pro you can use Magic Resize to change them to the right size for Twitter or Pinterest. If you’d like to try Canva Pro for free for 45 days then just click this link.
Easter is in April this year and is a celebration usually associated with peace. With Easter eggs, chicks and bunnies, it’s also a great time for children with Easter Egg hunts on Easter Sunday! However, this year with the conflict in Ukraine, world peace is a particularly important message.
1. April Quotes
We love quotes! They’re engaging, inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post the ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
As always, we’re sharing one of my favourite quotes about April which seemed particularly relevant and my wish for the world at the time I am writing this:“May the first day of April bring much peace, love, joy, passion and purpose into your life...” - Trudy Vesotsky #April2022Quotes #Peace #BYOGD Click To Tweet
Here are 10 other April quotes you can use for your social media:
1. “Describe your perfect date.” 'Describe your perfect date.' “That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25. Because it’s not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.” - Stan Fields (William Shatner) and Cheryl Frasier (Heather Burns), Miss Congeniality… Click To Tweet
“That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25. Because it’s not too hot and not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.” - Stan Fields (WilliamShatner) and Cheryl Frasier (Heather Burns), Miss Congeniality
2. “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” - William Shakespeare“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything.” - William Shakespeare #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
3. “April is the kindest month. April gets you out of your head and out working in the garden.” – Marty Rubin“April is the kindest month. April gets you out of your head and out working in the garden.” – Marty Rubin #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
4. “There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.” – William Cullen Bryant“There is no glory in star or blossom till looked upon by a loving eye; There is no fragrance in April breezes till breathed with joy as they wander by.” – William Cullen Bryant #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
5. “A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew, A cloud, and a rainbow’s warning, Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue - An April day in the morning.” - Harriet Prescott Spofford.“A gush of bird-song, a patter of dew, A cloud, and a rainbow's warning, Suddenly sunshine and perfect blue - An April day in the morning.” - Harriet Prescott Spofford. #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
6. “Easter egg hunts are proof that your children can find things when they really want.” - Unknown“Easter egg hunts are proof that your children can find things when they really want.” - Unknown #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
7. “April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.” - E. Y. Harburg''April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.'' - E. Y. Harburg #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
8. “Our spring has come at last with the soft laughter of April suns and shadow of April showers.” - Byron Caldwell Smith''Our spring has come at last with the soft laughter of April suns and shadow of April showers.'' - Byron Caldwell Smith #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
9. “If April showers should come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May.” - Buddy de Sylva''If April showers should come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May.'' - Buddy de Sylva #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
10. “The air soft as that of Seville in April, and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.” - Christopher Columbus''The air soft as that of Seville in April, and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.'' - Christopher Columbus #April2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. April Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media in April.
1. World Autism Awareness Month
2. Poetry Month
3. International Guitar Month
4. Parkinson’s Awareness Month
5. National Pet Month
6. Stress Awareness Month
7. Jazz Appreciation Month
8. Mathematics and Statistics Month
9. Bowel Cancer Awareness Month
10. Kite Month.April events: 1. World Autism Awareness Month; 2. Poetry Month; 3. International Guitar Month; 4. Parkinson's Awareness Month; 5. National Pet Month #MonthlyEvents #April2022 Click To Tweet More April Monthly Events: 6. Stress Awareness Month; 7. Jazz Appreciation Month; 8. Mathematics and Statistics Month; 9. Bowel Cancer Awareness Month; 10. Kite Month. #MonthlyEvents #April2022 Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events
There are some great weekly events worth mentioning for April 2022 not forgetting Easter, of course!
Community Garden Week
Time to get back out into your garden and start digging and planting! It’s amazing what you can grow even in just a window box.
Time to get out in the garden to start digging and planting #CommunityGardenWeekApril2022 Click To Tweet
In the UK, this is a 4-day break in most of the country. Enjoy your Easter eggs and try not to eat too many!
Enjoy your Easter eggs and try not to eat too many! #EasterApril2022 Click To Tweet
World Immunisation Week
World Immunisation Week, celebrated in the last week of April, aims to highlight and promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease. Something we’ve all become very familiar with over the past two years.
World Immunisation Week is celebrated in the last week of April #WorldImmunisationWeekApril2022 Click To Tweet
MS Awareness Week
MS can be tough, and for many people talking about it can be challenging. Whether you’re opening up to a friend after being newly diagnosed, or finding the right words to describe symptoms to an employer. Sometimes it feels easier not to say anything at all which is why the UK MS Society is promoting #LetsTalkMS to encourage understanding.MS can be tough #LetsTalkMS #MSWeek Click To Tweet
4. Special Days
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in April 2022 to inspire you!
Pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! When you complete the form below, you’ll be able to download the calendar and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month.
Remember, it’s not just about content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your April Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! Then, we’ll let you know as soon as the next month’s calendar is available for you to download.
4a. Special Days Templates
As we said in our introduction, we’re now making it even simpler for you to Be Your Own Graphic Designer as we’ve added pre-designed Canva templates of Special Days for you to make your own and use!
Click on an individual image, or on the name below it, to open the template in your own Canva account. The posts are a perfect size for Instagram or Facebook and, of course, if you have Canva Pro you can use Magic Resize to change them to the right size for Twitter or Pinterest. If you’d like to try Canva Pro for free for 45 days then just click this link.
If you’d like to open all 21 images as a file in Canva, here’s the link.
5. Share Secrets or Hacks
What tips and tricks can you share with your audience? Cement yourself as a resource and expert in your field with a piece of content that gives your audience help and advice. It may be something that’s obvious to you and you always do automatically but it could be something that others are struggling with.
As you might have seen, I’m now recording a weekly Canva Quick Tip highlighting new features or tools and apps our audience might not have found yet on Canva. The full playlist of Quick Tips is here on YouTube in case you’ve missed them.
6. Repurpose your own content
Have you put your heart and soul into writing a blog post you’re absolutely positive your audience will love, however, you still aren’t seeing the amount of traffic you’d expect? Therefore, it’s time for you to step up your content marketing game and think about repurposing your content!
Content repurposing is the process of taking one piece of content (like a blog post), transforming it to other formats, and redistributing it in a way that expands its reach across different marketing platforms.
Repurposing content saves you time because you’re not creating new content each time. You’re simply changing the form of the content you’ve already created. For example, you can:
- Repurpose an existing blog post into a brand-new post in a brand new format
- Convert your new blog post into a slideshow
- Transform that slideshow into a video
- Create an infographic from the content in your post
- Produce an audio version of your content
- Schedule social sharing to expand your reach.
Watch this space! We’ll soon be announcing something that will help you.
7. Tease about a new product or upcoming release
This is exactly what I’ve done at the end of the Content Repurposing section! I’ve hinted that we’ll be doing something soon to help you with content repurposing.
You can add to the suspense and keep your audience guessing with a mysterious trailer, an on-set photo, a provocative-yet-contextless quote, or a cropped or close-up shot.
8. Share some wisdom
Designing a stylish graphic with some brand-relevant advice is a great way to provide value. After all, no one likes to be sold to all the time.
We’ve shared advice on graphic design techniques as well as quotes we love, like the one below, to help and inspire our audience.
9. Create a Checklist
Checklists are a type of worksheet that helps your audience follow a step-by-step process to achieve the desired outcome. Think about using checklists to complement list posts or as a lead magnet to build your email list.
We have a few different checklists in our content planning, so watch this space!
10. Share a Testimonial
Testimonials are a very powerful way for a specific customer to tell the story of working with you or using your products directly from their perspective. These are their own words - a form of word of mouth marketing - that you use to inspire interest in your company, products, or services.
We plan to publish May’s suggestions at the end of March, June’s at the end of April and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. By joining our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!