100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for July 2022
We’re running a bit late publishing our blog this month as sometimes life gets in the way! But our July 2022 ideas and inspiration are here now.
“Dog Days of Summer” as July is often called brings us the hottest and sunniest days of the year. We celebrate many special days and weeks such as BBQ week, World Chocolate Day or Don’t Step on a Bee Day.
As always, we’re bringing you many ideas and inspiration throughout this blog post to help you fill your social media with the most interesting and engaging content for July 2022!
One of our favourite quotes for this time of the year is:
1. July 2022 Quotes
We love quotes! They’re engaging and inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
Here are 10 quotes for July 2022 you can use for your social media:
1. “July, that lovely hell, all velvet dresses and drapes stuffed into a hot little hole.” - Laura Kasischke'July, that lovely hell, all velvet dresses and drapes stuffed into a hot little hole. - Laura Kasischke #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” - Russel Baker“Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” - Russel Baker #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
3. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
4. “People don’t notice whether it’s winter or summer when they’re happy.” – Anton Chekhov“People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.” – Anton Chekhov #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
5. “There are lots of emotions that go with the Fourth of July.” - Dan Harmon“There are lots of emotions that go with the Fourth of July.” - Dan Harmon #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
6. “July is a blind date with summer.” - Hal Borland“July is a blind date with summer.” - Hal Borland #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
7. “Tis now the summer of your youth: time has not cropped the roses from your cheek, though sorrow long has washed them.” - Edward Moore''Tis now the summer of your youth: time has not cropped the roses from your cheek, though sorrow long has washed them.'' - Edward Moore #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
8. “Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind.” - Neil Armstrong''Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind.'' - Neil Armstrong #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
9. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?” - Oscar Wilde''With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?'' - Oscar Wilde #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
10. “If ant hills are high in July, the coming winter will be hard.” - American Proverb''If ant hills are high in July, the coming winter will be hard.'' - American Proverb #July2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. July 2022 Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media in July.
1. Ice Cream Month
2. Blueberry Month
3. Hot Dog Month
4. Picnic Month
5. Pickle Month
6. Sarcoma Month
7. Good Care Month
8. Global Enterprise Agility Month
9. Hemp Month
10. Watercolour MonthJuly events: 1. Ice Cream Month 2. Blueberry Month 3. Hot Dog Month 4. Picnic Month 5. Pickle Month #MonthlyEvents #July2022 Click To Tweet More July events: 6. Sarcoma Month 7. Good Care Month 8. Global Enterprise Agility Month 9. Hemp Month 10. Watercolour Month #JulyEvents Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events for July 2022
There are some great weekly events worth mentioning for July 2022!
27/6- 01/7 July 2022
It’s so important to look after our wellbeing and this week is a great opportunity for us all to do something that is good for our health.
Take care of yourself this week - World Wellbeing Week #WellbeingWeek Click To Tweet
01/7 -07/07 2022
Clean Beach Week
As we’re spending more time on beaches this summer, we need to look after them by leaving them tidy and clean.
Leave the beach clean and tidy when you leave Clean Beach Week #CleanYourBeach Click To Tweet
Our favourite week in the summer. Grilled meat and vegetables with a refreshing cold drink are just what we all need to prepare during this week!
Clean up your BBQ and don't forget to buy charcoal for BBQ Week #UseYourGrill Click To Tweet
4. Special Days in July 2022
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in July 2022 to inspire you!
Pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! When you complete the form below, you’ll be able to download the calendar and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month.
Remember, it’s not just about content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your July Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! We’ll email you to let you know as soon as next month’s calendar is available for you to download.
Look out for our free templates!!
We have some great Canva templates to share with you that pick out 20 of our favourite Special Days in July 2022 that you can edit and rebrand and make your own. You’ll find them in a separate blog next week.
5. Learn Your Audience Language
Learning what challenges and goals your audience has and finding the words they use to talk about them is important to be able to make a connection with them in your marketing. By speaking their language in your social media content you can create a connection with them. They’ll feel like you know them and hence trust you better.
6. Short And Simple Is Better
To get your audience’s attention, your written content needs to be short and simple. Get to the point for easy digestion. People don’t have time to read long and complicated messages or texts. Just try to think about what you want your audience to get from your content and focus on that.
7. Videos And Images Speak a 1000 Words
To tell your story with an impact, I think we can all agree images and videos create a better emotional connection with your audience than anything else. Luckily, nowadays it’s so easy to source engaging visual content that you can personalise for your brand. Other than our BYOGD images, you can find more images from different artists on Canva or other websites such as Unsplash or Freepick.
8. CTA - Call To ACTION
You want your audience to know what to do after they look at your content or read or see your message. A clear call to action, telling them an actionable step such as ‘sign up’, ‘book a call’, or ‘buy now’ is an important part at the end or in the middle of your content.
9. Run Contests
Contests are a great way of engaging with your audience on social media. Get creative and find out what your people would like to win and compete on. During your contest, you usually get the biggest engagement, likes and comments as people generally want to win the main prize. 🙂
10. Experiment And Have Fun
Sometimes it takes time to find out what content works best for you and your audience. Experimenting and trying different ideas is the best way to find your way around your social media content strategy. Don’t panic if some of your posts don’t get much engagement. It will still give you insight into what your audience doesn’t like. Have fun with it and keep experimenting!
We plan to publish August’s suggestions at the beginning of July, September’s suggestions at the beginning of August and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. By joining our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!