100+ Content Ideas and Inspiration for February 2022
“Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Love is in the air, every sight and every sound”
A very catchy text snippet of an amazing song by John Paul Young is reminding me of February. The time for love. The time when we hear a lot of romantic songs and see hearts and sweets everywhere in shops and on social media. Yes, February brings us one of the favourite events for people in love - Valentine’s day!
However, there are more events, special days and other interesting content that you can dive into and use for engaging your audience. Just like for any other month, we’re bringing you content ideas and inspiration for February 2022. So get your social media planning hat on and let us help you get the ideas flowing!
1. FEBRUARY QUOTES
We love quotes! Quotes are engaging, inspiring and usually bring you a lot of engagement if you choose to post the ones relevant to the season and what you or your customers are doing.
One of my favourite quotes about February is:“Though, February is short, it is filled with lots of love and sweet surprises.” - Charmaine J Forde #February2022 #SweetSuprises #BYOGD Click To Tweet
Here are 10 other February Quotes you can use for your social media:
1. “In February when my garden is barren of flowers, you are the only flower blooming in my heart.” - Debasish Mridha''In February when my garden is barren of flowers, you are the only flower blooming in my heart.'' - Debasish Mridha #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. “In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.” - Patience Strong''In February there is everything to hope for and nothing to regret.''- Patience Strong #February2022Quotes #2022Resolutions Click To Tweet
3. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.” - Suze Orman''No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.'' - Suze Orman #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
4. “There is always in February some one day, at least, when one smells the yet distant, but surely coming summer.” - Gertrude Jekyll''There is always in February some one day, at least, when one smells the yet distant, but surely coming summer.'' - Gertrude Jekyll #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
5. “February is short and very sweet.” - Charmaine J Forde''February is short and very sweet.'' - Charmaine J Forde #February2022Quotes #SweetFebruary Click To Tweet
6. “The great grey beast February had eaten Harvey Swick alive.” - Clive Barker, The Thief of Always''The great grey beast February had eaten Harvey Swick alive.'' - Clive Barker, The Thief of Always #FebruaryQuotes2022 Click To Tweet
7. “February - the month of love..?!! No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.” - Dinesh Kumar Biran''February - the month of love..?!! No wonder the shortest one in the calendar.'' - Dinesh Kumar Biran #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
8. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” - Walt Whitman''Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.'' - Walt Whitman #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
9. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” - Confucius''Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.'' - Confucius #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
10. “The only thing we should scream into the world is love.” - Jill Telford''The only thing we should scream into the world is love. - Jill Telford #February2022Quotes Click To Tweet
2. February Monthly Events
I’ve picked 10 interesting and engaging themes that you could use for your social media for February.
1. LGBTQ+ Month
- LGBTQ+ History Month is an annual month-long observance of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, and the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements. It was founded in 1994 by Missouri high-school history teacher Rodney Wilson (Wikipedia sourced). Read more about it here!
2. Black History Month
- Black History Month is an annual celebration of achievements by African Americans and a time for recognizing their central role in U.S. history. Find out more about it here.
3. Black Women in the Arts Month
- February is dedicated to celebrating all contributions and achievements of back women in arts including literature, fine art, movies, music, culinary or any other
4. Boost Your Self-esteem Month
- Boost Self-Esteem Month is dedicated to improving self-esteem and self-love among people across the globe.
5. Creative Romance Month
- Get creative in ways to express your love and affection to your loved ones. This month is dedicated to big or small creative romantic gestures!
6. Declutter for a Cause Month
– During February, find at least one day to organise your home and support your favourite charity. Inspire others to do the same!
7. Time Management Month
- Rethink your organization and time management planning and make space and time for more of the things you love to do - your family, friends, hobbies or travelling!
8. Spay/Neuter Awareness Month
– February supports spraying/neutering domestic or stray animals- mainly dogs and cats to prevent any unnecessary suffering from uncontrolled breeding.
9. Worldwide Renaissance of the Heart Month
- This month is dedicated to compassionately thinking with your heart as well as your intellect.
10. Youth Leadership Month
- Awareness of young leaders and how we can support them to learn and lead better other generations of leaders.Monthly Events in February: 1. LGBTQ+ Month 2.Black History Month 3. Black Women in the Arts Month 4. Boost Your Self-esteem Month 5. Creative Romance Month #MonthlyEvents #February2022 Click To Tweet More February Monthly Events: 6. Declutter for a Cause Month 7. Time Management Month 8.Spay/Neuter Awareness Month 9. Worldwide Renaissance of the Heart Month 10. Youth Leadership Month #MonthlyEvents #February2022 Click To Tweet
3. Weekly events
There are some great weekly events worth mentioning for February 2022!
Children’s Mental Health Week
Health includes mental health and February is the time of awareness for mental health of children whether in schools or family environment.
HealthyChildren #Children'sMentalHealthWeekFebruary2022 Click To Tweet
Student Volunteering Week
It’s so great to see young people contributing to communities. This is a great week to plan some volunteering activities for the students you know!
Student Volunteering Week 2022 is 7-13 February #StudentsVolunteeringMatters2022 Click To Tweet
You Can Care Week
This week is all about encouraging yourself and people around you to spare some time and care for somebody near to you who need some support due to illness, disability or any other issue they might be experiencing. We all care, so this is the perfect time to plan something out for others!
You Can Care Week 2022 is 21-27 February #CareForYourLovedOnes2022 Click To Tweet
4. Special Days
We’ve prepared a special event calendar for each day in February 2022 to inspire you!
Just pick one, or a few, and create content around them for each week! Complete the form below the calendar and you’ll be able to download and either print it out or just keep it in your laptop folder for the days you’re creating content and need some ideas and inspiration. We’ve found people love to be reminded about any relevant special days happening each month. It’s not just about the content to fill your social media but about creating genuinely interesting posts for people you care about - your audience.
To get your copy of this high-resolution printable PDF, you’ll need to click the button below to sign up to our mailing list and then your February Content Ideas Calendar will wing its way to your mailbox! We’ll also send the next month’s calendar for you to download as soon as it’s available.
5. Curated Content
Curated content is content from other brands or businesses that you select to share with your audience. It’s usually something relevant to your business and helpful for your customers. It puts you in the position of being a community builder rather than just promoting your own brand.
6. Create How-to tutorials
Helping your audience to learn new tips of your expertise will help you build a better relationship with them, attract new people looking for help and put you in the position of a go-to expert in your field.
As a matter of fact, just to put our money where our mouth is, BYOGD just started with a new series of simple how-to YouTube tutorials for everybody who want to create simple and beautiful visual content for their socials on Canva. Check it out here - hope you learn something new or you can repurpose the content for your audience. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and then you’ll be notified when we produce a new tip! 😉
7. 10 February Winter Activities
Let’s not forget what we can do offline, forgetting the online world for a little bit, enjoying all the opportunities February’s winter activities can bring us! You can use our top 10 February Winter Activities or create your own and share that and what you’ve done with your audience online!
1. Binge Watcha TV Series
2. Read By The Fire
3. Take a Cooking Class
4. Bake a Pie
5. Go Bowling
6. Relax at a Spa
7. Do a Jigsaw Puzzle
8. Try a New Restaurant
9. Find Your Favourite Tea
10. Donate Toys
8. Share Your Favourite Business Tool
Each month you can share one useful tool that you use in your business. Try to teach your audience why it’s useful and how they can use it.
I’ve recorded a quick video on using one of my favourite platforms, Rev.com. It is fantastic to sort out your captions for Facebook and YouTube and make sure you have transcripts of your videos.
Read more about it here!
9. Share “behind the scenes”
Let your audience have a glimpse of what’s happening when you’re preparing for your work or searching for your ideas. Basically, what’s behind the polished and finished piece of content they usually see. They’ll appreciate your transparency which will make you more relatable to them!
10. Ask Your Audience For Advice
People love chipping in their 5 pence worth so asking your audience for advice will make them feel more valued and important to you. Make sure the question(s) you’re asking is relevant to your business. This way it’ll help you get good feedback you can implement in improving your work, products, services or anything else.
We plan to publish March’s suggestions at the end of January, April’s at the end of February, and so on. This way you’ll have time to prepare your content in advance. If you join our mailing list, you’ll get a reminder each month, a link to the new blog and instant access to the downloadable calendar.
Of course, if you need images to add to your social media posts or blogs, don’t forget to look at the wide range of images we have available in The Collection!